Object Oriented Graphics 3D Engine for Casual Game development

Started by
10 comments, last by pozitiffcat 11 years, 7 months ago
I decided that this thread is best suited for me post.
I wish that you would rate me project, and testing.
Me engine is crossplatform. At the moment aviable Android and windows.
The OCGE is Object Oriented Graphics 3D Engine for write Casual games on C++. This engine is crossplatform and uses for Windows and Android (may be linux).
Features:
cg3d models (exporter from 3DS MAX)
oi images (converter from any image formats)
media source may be *.zip archive with compression
C++ classes and callbacks classes
Scene managers
Texture fonts
Render to texture
Particle callback builder
Data class for any nodes
Shaders
Post effects
Shader callback at every entity
and more...
Distributive has PDF book with tutorials of the OCGE.
Official web site: http://malcdevelop.ru

If you have any questions, please visit my forum: http://forum.malcdevelop.ru
I'm sorry if i write in the wrong thread
Advertisement
I would like to start with the fact that your English is amazing :)
Your forum could use some content. Not just a random topic saying "ask question" xD
And finally your archive is broken. I could not extract it. (Using 7zip latest version) + windows 7 default zip viewer also could not open it.
Try it mirror. http://rghost.ru/39670787
Hi!

I have downloaded your package.

I tried to read the book but unfortunately I cannot read russian (or whatever language it is).

There is nearly no comments in the headers and no API documentation.

If I were you, I would consider the following before distributing the engine:
- always write the documentation in English
- comment your code (especially the headers so that user can jump to your headers with their favorite IDE and have all the infos they need)
- a good API documentation is a must and can easily be made out of the code comments using doxygen
I'm sorry for the book mellow.png . You may use translate.google.com.In a short time, I try, translate on English, because I speak not very well.
You may use translate.google.com.In a short time, I try, translate on English, because I speak not very well.[/quote]

That's too bad because most of us won't take the time to translate it, we will most probably just go away and pick up another engine... Maybe this is an awesome engine but with that lack of documentation no one will ever want to delve into it.

You should really plan to improve your English if you ever want to release a software out of your country.

(I'm not a native English speaker and my english is not that good so don't take it too hard)
When I translate documentation, I post message here.
[color=#b22222]I hope, that everything is clear. I don't use translate.google.com for translate first chapter.
Introduction.
This file is official book of OCGE (engine). Engine designed by Malchenko Alexey of Togliatti city – it’s me. I decided to make easy and handy engine with tools for crossplatfom compile your source. The basic idea, to make portable source code between Windows, Linux or Android OS, and to write a clear documentation. In additional there is a documentation for all engine functions. I will try to describe the features of engine and indoor mechanisms at work him.
The engine designed for write a small casual indy games, but if the programmers has experience then may write a larger project. May be have to agree some moments with me, that would I may add to required functionality. On 1 august 2012, my site is http://malcdevelop.ru. Please asking question in me forum.
The engine has self-model and image format. It is also same included shaders – with lighting and texturing, with lighting non-textured, with shadows. You don’t care for switch this standard shaders, engine make it for you. You shouldn't cares for switching this standard shaders, engine make it for you.
It is book will have general principles of work on this engine.

CHAPTER 1 – BASICS
In this book I would like bring to you the basics of this engine, I will do it in this chapter.
Initialization algorithm.
To write logic, to need initialize system. That would make this, setup the IDE, call wizard or handy setup for include paths. Then get instance class of engine and make window of the right size. Then depending on platform, call event listener of window in cycle, render scene and call signal of end draw.
From theory to practice:
#include <ocge.h>
For saving portability for source code, we will create two functions is createEngine and drawEngine. These two functions will be called sequentially, from main function of our program. If you compile on Android OS, then this functions to call in appropriate JNI functions.
Declate the global variables:
[source lang="cpp"]ocge::IEngine* engine = 0;
ocge::ISceneManager* smgr = 0;
ocge::ICamera* camera = 0;[/source]

createEngine function:
[source lang="cpp"]void createEngine(int width, int height)
{
engine = ocge::createEngine();
engine->init(width, height);
smgr = engine->createSceneManager("smgr");
}[/source]
ocge::createEngine() returned pointer to engine. Don’t call it again. What happened at running this function: creating a new instance of engine and transferred to programmer.
engine->init(width, height) initialize of system. What happened at running this function: is remembered projection matrix, creating a window (if non Android OS), setting up viewport and loading standard shaders.
smgr = engine->createSceneManager("smgr") creating new scene manager. Scene manager need for create new objects and render scene on screen. What happened at running this function: creating a new scene manager and adding at scene manager list, of engine.
drawEngine function
[source lang="cpp"]void drawEngine()
{
smgr->render();
engine->endDraw();
}[/source]
smgr->render() perform render scene. Inside that is a very hard mechanism. What happened at this function: setting up self in state (for domestic purposes), if called non renderToTexture function then generate shadowmaps for first available light source. Remembers the viewProjection matrix and view matrix for domestic purposes, then setting up skybox position, clear screen and draw IEntity.
The rendering process a IEntity: binding a shader of object, if shader not binded. Binding textures and setting up uniforms, call callback function onEntityRender at shader, setting up buffers and draw object. Then process behaviours and particle systems.
engine->endDraw() draw finished and displays to screen.
Binding of one. For windows it may be as follows:
[source lang="cpp"]int main()
{
createEngine(640, 480);
while(engine->loop())
drawEngine();
return 0;
}[/source]
engine->loop() calling event listener at window (process messages at windows, linux, macOSX) and update deltatime variable.
But for Android OS a little bit differently. Process messages works on Java code. In turn java code starts the native jni functions, which creating window and openGL context.
An example of how this might look like:
[source lang="cpp"]void Java_com_example_hello_DemoRenderer_JNIOnSurfaceChanged(JNIEnv *vm, void *reserved, int w, int h)
{
createEngine(w, h);
}
void Java_com_example_hello_DemoRenderer_JNIOnDrawFrame(JNIEnv *vm, void *reserved)
{
engine->loop();
drawEngine();
}[/source]
As you can see, there is no cycle.
Ok the new link is working. I tested the engine and found it really easy to compile. The documentation, although in Russian is very detailed and well structure. The engine is very easy to use and very lightweight. The 3ds max plugin is a nice feature. +1 from me!
Thank's. I will continue to work just as well rolleyes.gif
Did you try to use Android wizard? (not have documentation)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement