• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Anyone happen to know why model switches to another model?

This topic is 1988 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone know why when importing a new mesh - the original model would switch to the newer one? I created a ID, Name to ensure they were diffferent inside the level editor. I'm using a TreeView Form Control to import the mesh. Inside the native Mesh class as Kuno's suggested I created methods for positioning, rotation, getting world matrix.

So, just picture this for a second - tree view shows content meshes. Clicking one content mesh with right mouse button - pops up context menu. Context menu says, "add to Scene." Once clicked, this sends it to the view port. Awesome, right? Great, now imagine clicking on another file within the Treeview and adding the new mesh in viewport...Oh no, it replaces the mesh with the new mesh.

So, my question is this...How do i just keep on adding more and more meshes into the level? Do I vector a list? Do I vector list or store into a collection of what's already inside the viewport?

Thanks. I ask questions because this is how a student learns, right? Luke Skywalker asked a lot of questions with Yoda...It's not the other way around is it?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement