3D Game Math Books?

Started by
5 comments, last by CryoGenesis 11 years, 8 months ago
I was looking at the book section, in the maths and physics bit, looking for a 3D Game Math book. I found 3D Math books that talk about transforms and matrices but that's not what I'm looking for. I want a book that teaches you how to do things like Collision detection in 3D Space and one that teaches you how to do an FPS camera and gravity. I'm writing a small 3D game at the moment in OpenGL and I can't find any books on working stuff like this out.
Advertisement
Mathematics for 3D Game Programming and Computer Graphics is great. Covers everything.

Mathematics for 3D Game Programming and Computer Graphics is great. Covers everything.

Currently reading it, its really good for begginers. Later chapters will feel slightly rushed, but it gives you the necessary basics so you can make your own pathway

Is it very OpenGL oriented, or is it perfectly fine to use with DirectX 11 too?
Real-Time Collision Detection for collision physics.

Is it very OpenGL oriented, or is it perfectly fine to use with DirectX 11 too?

It's remains fairly agnostic, but whenever he does choose to refer to a graphics library, it's usually OpenGL. For the most part though, the book is about math and concepts, which can be applied to any graphics project.
Thanks for the help guys.
+1all

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement