Debugging (managed) DX11

Started by
10 comments, last by MJP 11 years, 8 months ago

[quote name='Mike.Popoloski' timestamp='1345046739' post='4969865']<br />What is this, an advertisement for WinDbg? I know what it does, I don't need you to start throwing random commands at me.<br />

No. It's not an advertisement. It was my validation for why I think WinDbg is the best tool for doing low-level debugging of .NET. It was no more an advertisement than your mentioning ANTS or dotTrace. The commands weren't for you, I wrongly assumed you were an expert at WinDbg and didn't need them. The commands are for any readers who want to research why WinDbg is so powerful.

<br />I'm glad you get some weird orgasmic glow when using it...<br />

It amazes me how, in spite of how small the industry is, people still feel like it makes sense to treat others with disrespect. Rather than being a douche, why not say "interesting... you seem to feel this tool is very powerful, and you work closely with some of the original .NET developers, perhaps there's something I may be missing." But instead, you jump right to "that's ridiculous". I guess your perspective changes with age and experience. /sigh
[/quote]

Wow, you certainly took that the wrong way. I'm sorry I didn't immediately defer to your obvious experience and blatant name-dropping. I thought we were trying to help the OP here, but it seems you were more interested in showing how advanced you are and how many cool connections you have. It amazes me how, in spite of how small the industry is, people still feel like it makes sense to treat others with disrespect. The OP was a beginner who wanted a specific thing (to see D3D debug spew) and you went off on a tangent to satisfy your own ego. I guess your perspective changes with age and experience. /sigh
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Advertisement
Well it seems this thread has taken an unfortunate turn. unsure.png Seeing as the OP has had his question answered, I think it's time to close this one up.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement