Need Name For Hacking Game

Started by
10 comments, last by Dark Star Studios 11 years, 7 months ago
For whatever reason, no one on the team is good with names. I need a few ideas for a name or names for a game the team is working on. The game in context is a hacking themed rts. The basic storyline is that you are an intern at software security company, much similar to Symantec. You test their latest software by trying hacking into a simulated system protected by the software. The gameplay is based on a maze like system, where you get nodes from one location to another with impediments such as firewalls and encryptions. The concept might sound a little weird, but anyhow all we need are names (feedback would be nice too). Thanks for reading!
Advertisement
I see that we got downvoted, what part of the rules did we not follow? Sorry we're new here and I thought we followed most of the posting rules.
How about writing something using that [font=georgia,serif]1337 [/font]way of writing?
elite tester = [font=georgia,serif]1337 735732 = 1337 T35T3R = ... [/font]
Analyzer = (that's a tough one)

[font=georgia,serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I don't like it but I'm sharing anyway lol[/font][/font]

How about writing something using that [font=georgia,serif]1337 [/font]way of writing?
elite tester = [font=georgia,serif]1337 735732 = 1337 T35T3R = ... [/font]
Analyzer = (that's a tough one)

[font=georgia,serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I don't like it but I'm sharing anyway lol[/font][/font]

you misunderstood how 1337 means leet 7 is not t, 7 is L rotated pi Rad in any direction. and 1 is the t because you can sometimes write 1 with a horizontal line on the bottom and rotated pi Rad it makes a T
you misunderstood how 1337 means leet 7 is not t, 7 is L rotated pi Rad in any direction. and 1 is the t because you can sometimes write 1 with a horizontal line on the bottom and rotated pi Rad it makes a T[/quote]

lol You're totally right. Thank you for the explanation. Still looks silly though.
Disclaimer: I didn't Google to see if these are ok to use.

Fire Wire
Ride the Wire
Electric ICE
ICE Pick
System Subversion
Cyber-subversion
Hired Hack
Part-time Hack
Hack for Cash
Hack Saw
Sam Hack
Subnet Mask
Subnet Take-down
Net Control
Net Shadows
Cypher Fatigue
Super User
Root Access
Inside Job
Cubicle Commando
Protocol Hero
Router Raid(er)
"Cubicle Commando"
I'm laughing so much at that one right now...

Fire Wire
Ride the Wire
Electric ICE
ICE Pick
System Subversion
Cyber-subversion
Hired Hack
Part-time Hack
Hack for Cash
Hack Saw
Sam Hack
Subnet Mask
Subnet Take-down
Net Control
Net Shadows
Cypher Fatigue
Super User
Root Access
Inside Job
Cubicle Commando
Protocol Hero
Router Raid(er)

Hm... that sparked a lot of ideas. smile.png

EDIT: After some discussion with the team, we came up with something, I know it seems like we didn't use these ideas much, but we did and we agreed on "Hack It!" Sounds about right, or should we go with something else?
Depends really on a bunch of things. What is your Art Style? What is the mood? How about the style of game, I know you said RTS but what style or RTS is the flavoring? Alot goes into a name.

Maybe you could come up with something like:

-Routine
-Tracer
Maybe play off a Meme and say Pingus.

-M
I usually just give my 2 cents, but since most of the people I meet are stubborn I give a 1$ so my advice isn't lost via exchange rate.

We aren't sure this is a good time to be looking for a final name because we have no art style yet, no final storyline, or general tone and mood. However we sorta have the other stuff down like gameplay. We were just looking for a good enough working title in order to promote the game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement