• Advertisement
nsmadsen

15 Good DAWs

FL Studio is the only music program I know. And since I won the big box version of it I am quite satisfied with it. But what it really comes down to is this:

Try a demo of each DAW. Some daw's do a lot of work for you (which if you want to be a perfectionist then stay away from them.) but in other cases there are DAW's that have a lot of confusing stuff in them that make the work flow hard for you to understand.

Each DAW does things differently but every single one of them require effort and time to understand. There are only so many different ways you can create and manipulate audio files. Some will swear by one program or another but every single program essentially performs the same functions. You just have to find them.

So again the best way to pick a daw is to explore. Download a demo of one for one week, look at the project files and see how some of the sample pieces were stringed together (That is how I got so good at FL Studio was by looking at the sample works and seeing how they did absolutely everything.) If you don't like how it works or it seems too difficult then try another one.

Honest to goodness every DAW performs the exact same functions. You just have to know where to find it. I found this out after buying Propeller Head's Reason 9, Logic Pro 9, Albeton Live a few years back, and even messing around with pro sessions. I began to see that everything in every daw is just in another area and performed differently.

It is like learning another language, but all of the different languages are just pronounced differently. Like tomatoe... toMAHto.

You just have to figure out how to do it in each and every DAW.

Advertisement