• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
giugio

cuda test algorithm

This topic is 2128 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello.
I'm creating a cuda algorithm that begins with a series of vertexes and for each vertex i wish find the two nearest vertexes.
I'm trying to process all vertexes in parallel for find a performant algorithm.
This is my first project in cuda.
what method you advice to me?
thanks.

Advertisement
I believe this mini project is a little more complicated then you think. I'd suggest for your first project in cuda, start simple, then move on from there. There's a ton you need to learn like blocks, threads, indexes, shared local memory, and a ton of other stuff. First thing I'd suggest trying is take a large array of numbers and first increment all the elements by 1 and print them out. Second thing is add all the elements together and come up with a sum. There's many different techniques of doing this.

Edit: Also if you want it to be efficient, you'll need to use techniques such as loop unrolling, because it looks like in serial code, it would be a nested loop. So you should also look at loop unrolling. Edited by TheAsterite

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!