Help! Any good cloud platform in Asia Pacific?

Started by
8 comments, last by Serapth 11 years, 6 months ago
Hey guys,

I have recently opened a start-up with my friends, doing game developing in mobile phone.
I am thinking to host my games in cloud...
what do you guys suggest for a good cloud platform in Asia Pacific??
Highly scalable required....and high Disk I/O is preferred....

Thanksrolleyes.gif
Advertisement
Hey,

Amazon EC2 is available in Singapore and Tokyo.

Hey,

Amazon EC2 is available in Singapore and Tokyo.

Thanks. Is it available in Hong Kong??
Or do you have any suggestion on cloud platform in Hong Kong??
Million thankssmile.png
anyone can helpblink.png huh.png
Hosting in Asia Pacific is generally much more expensive than in North America and Europe.

If you can find a cheap service like Google or Amazon with servers in the general region, that's probably a good choice.

e.g. I did a quick search and found this HK company, but for the price they charge per month, I could rent an equivalent US server for a whole year!
I was originally looking for an Australian (or Oceanic) host, but ended up going with a European/NA company because of the price difference... :(

Hosting in Asia Pacific is generally much more expensive than in North America and Europe.

If you can find a cheap service like Google or Amazon with servers in the general region, that's probably a good choice.

e.g. I did a quick search and found this HK company, but for the price they charge per month, I could rent an equivalent US server for a whole year!
I was originally looking for an Australian (or Oceanic) host, but ended up going with a European/NA company because of the price difference... sad.png

wow...it was really more expensive...and it has a limit on bandwidth...
really seems not a good choice.....

it seems that it is really difficult to host something in cloud in Hong Kong......???

Anyone has some cheaper alternatives??? Million thanks!

[quote name='Hodgman' timestamp='1345538762' post='4971757']

I was originally looking for an Australian (or Oceanic) host, but ended up going with a European/NA company because of the price difference... sad.png

it seems that it is really difficult to host something in cloud in Hong Kong......???

[/quote]

I am currently using a HK cloud company called Fengqi Asia. They also charged per month but they are cheaper than the one Hodgman mentioned. They have a high Disk I/O and their benchmark is better than AWS EC2. You may give it a try! Hope this can help you.

[quote name='163user' timestamp='1345616577' post='4972088']
[quote name='Hodgman' timestamp='1345538762' post='4971757']

[/quote]

I am currently using a HK cloud company called Fengqi Asia. They also charged per month but they are cheaper than the one Hodgman mentioned. They have a high Disk I/O and their benchmark is better than AWS EC2. You may give it a try! Hope this can help you.
[/quote]

Thanks!!! I have requested a free trial from them, will update here if its performance is really good. :)
I have tried its cloud machine last month, the speed is very fast! And they don't limit on bandwidth...
So far the experience is quite good...I am going to purchase a machine to put my production site there!
I use Softlayer and they absolutely rock. They have a data center in Singapore.

Granted, I host out of Texas, so no idea if the overseas stuff is as good, or priced differently, but I've been extremely impressed with Softlayer up till this point.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement