Titlescreen Art ( want opinions )

Started by
25 comments, last by riuthamus 11 years, 7 months ago
what would you suggest to fix that?
Advertisement
I think you've already done this a little in your last picture, but some mist/clouds floating in front of the character might look nice and give it some depth. Looks great so far!
light really helps bring structure in clouds. Depending on what you are aiming for these images may give you some ideas:

cloud roof
high contrast
no ground reference (also birds!)
internal light source (lightning)

These examples have higher contrast though so that might distract the user from the more important parts like menu items and character.
I think the white V doesn't have enough contrast with the background.
Displays are all calibrated differently, and you'd want it to appear as close to what you wanted on all of them, so I would address that.
Making the background clouds a darker grey is probably how I would go, would make the character pop out more too, and maybe add a lighting effect to the V, i.e. god rays. That might not actually work, but gotta try it out to really say.

light really helps bring structure in clouds. Depending on what you are aiming for these images may give you some ideas:

cloud roof
high contrast
no ground reference (also birds!)
internal light source (lightning)

These examples have higher contrast though so that might distract the user from the more important parts like menu items and character.

Ah.. yes... I know what you mean, i will play around with the concept but the only light source is from the far left... so such a variant would not exist. This is not clouds you would find in the sky so you do not have light from above as well as below.
Looks nice!

I would make the title block a bit larger so the words in the small print are easy to read, but it may be a matter of preference or perhaps they look large enough once the screen in in front of you.

3Ddreamer

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

The V blends in too much. The shades are so close that it makes the whole image seem (to my eyes) like there is a bloom filter on it, even though there isn't. I suggest black or dark grey. Otherwise, it looks great.
I will mess with the cloud contrast a bit and see what I can gather.
gallery_1_371_144830.jpg

This is the changes that people asked for... let me know if you like them.
I liked the recolor of the V, but have you tried a golden color? I think it could fit here in place of the blue...

as for the particles, are you trying to simulate fire or ash? i think they really look like ash coming from a fire, it's a really cool effect.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement