• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Nexian

VC++ Redist - msvcr100.dll is missing

This topic is 2300 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello,

I am hoping this will be a simple oversight on my side. I am just looking to get my program running on a separate computer with VC runtime stuff and directX libraries present by default.

I am using Visual C++ Express, so I have already given up hope on a nice, simple installer and am currently just manually installing the redists for both VC++ and DirectX

Right now I have two folders:

FOLDER: "vcredist_x86"
CONTENTS:
en -> package.xml
product.xml
vcredist_x86.exe

The above folder is taken from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\vcredist_x86" (I also take the x64 version just in case).

FOLDER: DxRedist (just my own folder)
CONTENTS:
Aug2009_d3dx9_42_x64.cab
Aug2009_d3dx9_42_x86.cab
DSETUP.dll
dsetup32.dll
dxdllreg_x86.cab
DXSETUP.exe
dxupdate.cab

The above is what I am using for my directx redist.

Both the above redist components come from the computer I am using to create and run the current program.

Once I run both these setups on the separate computer, however, I get the message that msvcr100.dll is missing. Is there something I am not including in these redist files? (the VC++ one especially since that's where my problem is. I am mostly just posting the DX one to be sure it's correct) Edited by Nexian

Advertisement
Hurra. Apparently it was a dumb issue.

The redist I have is for the 11 beta for VC++ and apparently that doesn't include the msvcr100.dll?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!