a few questions about using libgdx :)

Started by
0 comments, last by Dev_NightDreamer 11 years, 7 months ago
hey

so i have been working with slick library for some time now and wanna take my project to android with seems to be a work in progress for slick :( so i been googling for some time and found this library called libgdx with seems to be used on android :) so my questions is

if im desiden to use libdgx am i going to use openGL ??

is my code going to look any thing like slick ?? when working with graphics??

is libgdx using like a render metode and a update and a create metode ?? and is it like state based??

is there any othere librarys out there is shut take a look at ??
Advertisement
Hey simondid.

1. The whole library uses OpenGL, but in difference to something else, you don't have to "learn" OpenGL, due to the fact, that you could use SpriteBatch & Textures and so on. So you don't have to explicity code some openGL.
(Maybe a little bit like glClear(GL10.GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT), but it's not so much.)

2. Yes and no. You can structure your code like you did in slick. But you have to implement it into the libGdx-Framework (like 'Game' if your main class extends from it).

3. When you use Screens it have a render method (where you can also update), show and hide methods ("what must be done, if the window is not in the foreground?" etc.), resume and stop methods, which you have to overwrite or just implement your own class into it.

4. I don't know any, but maybe some other users do. smile.png

PS: Excuse me for my bad english. My english teacher can't really teach and I'm too lazy doing it in my free space... ^^

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement