• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RobAU78

[SlimDX] SEHException thrown from call to Device.CreateWithSwapChain()

This topic is 2130 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just started looking into SlimDX and was trying to run tutorials 2 and 3 on my home computer, but I ran into a snag on the line where Device.CreateWithSwapChain() is called. Apparently an SEHException is thrown on that line. The error code is -2147467259, which apparently means an undetermined error has occurred. This issue comes up with both DeviceCreationFlags.None and DeviceCreationFlags.Debug, which suggests that downloading the DirectX SDK won't solve the problem (but I could be wrong). For reference, my computer is running 32-bit Windows XP Professional. The processor is an Intel E5400 with integrated graphics (i.e. I don't have a separate graphics card).

Advertisement
Ah, that's what I was afraid of. The SlimDX site says that it supports Windows XP though? Is that no longer accurate?

Okay, how do I use the D3D9 components with SlimDX? Or can I? Sorry, I'm a complete noob when it comes to this. tongue.png

D'oh, nevermind! I just noticed the following using-statement in the tutorials: "using SlimDX.Direct3D11;" So I need to change that to "using SlimDX.Direct3D9;"

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!