3ds Max/Maya

Started by
3 comments, last by Future Programmer 11 years, 7 months ago
which is better 3ds Max or Maya for modeling?
Advertisement
From what i know 3ds Max has a bigger community. Maya is used more by big companies and more often in movies... I only tried 3ds Max for a while. I can recommend it to you. The interface seems more friendly to beginners than maya's. That's just my opinion though. You can try both and decide after. There are is a lot of info on the internet. why did you choose a game development forum?
It depends on what you want to do, if its just modelling then both are terrible, Blender still remains a better option for modelling (although 3DS has better primitives), when you want rich realistic animations and effects, like hair / fur / water / fire for example, 3DS seems to be a better option but honestly most of the time Blender is so much better.
You can download trial versions of both Max and Maya and try them both out. A model is a model, so it's up to your own personal preferences.

If you only want to model and animate for your games, you don't need either of them. Grab Blender and watch the free videos at BlenderCookie.com.

Blender has very low system requirements and is a very good modelling and animation program.

Max and Maya are large programs that have high requirements. They don't target normal consumer hardware GPUs and want you to have a professional level GPU aimed at CAD users. They are really expensive (and on a yearly basis), and they are overkill for most of the things hobbyist need. They are for big companies working on big productions.
k thanks everyone guess im going with blender for sure =] i tried em and its better for my needs

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement