Linking Help

Started by
1 comment, last by the_edd 11 years, 7 months ago
I'm trying to include a serial library in Visual studio 2012 and it seems to not be pointing to the correct place when I try to include these libraries.
Any help would be appreciated and if code is needed let me know I'll be more than happy to post it. Thank you!
Advertisement
Thanks for voting down my reputation for asking a question.

I'm trying to include a serial library

static library?

in Visual studio 2012 and it seems to not be pointing to the correct place when I try to include these libraries.[/quote]
I'm looking at VS2010 here as I don't have 2012 on my home machine, but it should be largely the same.

In the Solution Explorer window, right click on the project and go to "properties". In the window that appears, before doing anything else you probably want to make sure the "configuration" drop-down says "All configurations", unless you have different versions of the library for debug/release builds.

In the tree of configuration options, expand "Configuration properties" and its "Linker" sub-node. Click on the "General" sub-sub-node. In the form, you should now see an entry for "Additional Library Directories". Add any directories there, separated by semi-colons (I think).

Below the "General" sub-sub-node, there's "Input", which has an "Additional Dependencies" field in to which you can add the library's file name without the directory. I think it might be possible to put the full path to the library in there rather than using the "Additional Library Directories" field under the "Linker" options.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement