• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Issue with scissorrectangle

This topic is 2034 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm stumped on how to fix this issue.

I draw the map using a scissor rect during spriteBatch and later I draw my paperdoll however the scissor rect for the map is cutting off the paperdoll model somehow. Here's an example of it:

I'm drawing part of the map via:

[source lang="csharp"]sb.Begin(SpriteSortMode.Deferred, BlendState.NonPremultiplied, SamplerState.LinearWrap, DepthStencilState.None, scissorRS);

scissorRect.X = mapElementRect.X;
scissorRect.Y = mapElementRect.Y;
scissorRect.Width = mapElementRect.Width;
scissorRect.Height = mapElementRect.Height;
// Make sure rect doesn't go out of bounds of screen
if (scissorRect.X + scissorRect.Width > screenWidth - 1)
scissorRect.Width = screenWidth - scissorRect.X;
if (scissorRect.Y + scissorRect.Height > screenHeight - 1)
scissorRect.Height = screenHeight - scissorRect.Y;

sb.GraphicsDevice.ScissorRectangle = scissorRect;[/source]

The paperdoll is drawn after the map. I believe it has to do with depth as setting device.DepthStencilState to none draws the model fully but of course it's inside out at that point. However I set depth to none when drawing the map.

Any ideas?

EDIT : Ok I feel silly. After combing my code for the past two hours there was one line when drawing the map outline that was setting DepthStencilState to Default during spritebatch.Begin() that I kept missing. Case closed! Edited by belgreth

I don't believe so. Isn't that what SpriteSortMode.Deferred means? No z sorting, just draw everything on top of each other in draw call order? Plus I'm not specifying a depth when drawing any element

[source lang="csharp"]sb.Draw(mapBiomeColorTexture, mapRect, new Color(1, 1, 1, 0.2f)); [/source]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement