How to get into games development/design career

Started by
2 comments, last by EngineProgrammer 11 years, 7 months ago
I am 17 years old and have just finished my first year of sixth form after not doing as well as I would have liked...

I would like to leave and get myself into the game development industry, but I do not know how to.

I have a strong interest in gaming and know that this is what I would like to do as a career, but what qualifications would I need?

I have applied for a BTEC National Diploma Media Production - Games Development Level 3 course, but I don't know if this is the right way to go?

Are there any better ways for me to get into this industry?
Advertisement
Hello, Harry. Your post has been moved to the Breaking In forum. There are FAQs you should read here. Back out to the forum's main page, and look for the link at upper right. First you have to choose a specialty, then there's an FAQ on degrees for specialties, and information on how to choose a university (we Americans say "college").

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I could try to research this up for you if that is alright?
I don't know where you are from, but I'm studying this: http://www.digitalar....be/?#/en/News/
Place: Belgium ~ Kortrijk
Have a look at the showcase if you want ( you can find it right top of the website )

This is only game making.
First year artwork + programming work is together.
Second year they split up. Artists and programmers section.
It's very hard though.

By the way... Playing video games and writing video games is NOT the same.
For our course we are with 300 students at the start of the school year. Only around 30 students passes and 70 others failed. Meaning 200students has left before academic year ended.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement