• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Weird Bug I found: Randomly crash your activity, for some reason, activity restarts itself == Instant 60FPS.

This topic is 1962 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I seriously don't know why or how it works. I was testing my app, checking for performance bottlenecks and benchmarking the time it takes to finish some intensive calculations, when all of a sudden this bug occurs. And it happens very often. The bug itself is also persistent (shutting down the app, killing the app with 3rd party task killer, turning off/on the cellphone screen), until you re-launch the debug module from Eclipse. I did not test for turning on/off the cellphone.

After re-launching, it slows down to nearly 15FPS. And then crash unexpectedly.

There's no Logcat logs or errors or anything out of the ordinary. The crash, in all its glory, never got logged by Logcat at any point.

So, my app relaunches from Eclipse, played around at 15FPS, crashed, the app itself restarts, with no interferences or manually execute it from the Application List. Nothing. It automatically restarts. After that, I played it again, BAM! 60FPS, no lag, no jitteriness, no stutter, just smooth animations, smooth frame rates, everything like CounterStrike running at 99FPS.

And it persists through the entire time, until I re-launch and the "vicious cycle" continues.

I tried placing breakpoints, tried Logcatting everywhere. I don't find anything. No clue, no leads, I'm out of my mind. I use an HTC Evo3D. Anyone else have this problem? I must be paranoid, but I have to share my findings to all of you out there.

TL;DR: Managed to obtain 60FPS forever after an unexpected silent crash while debugging my app at 15FPS. Edited by tom_mai78101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
I added a few things here and there, and now I'm getting something.

[source lang="plain"]libc Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000064 (code=1)
libc Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000060 (code=1)
[/source]
Seems like it's a segmentation fault. I might be accessing something that shouldn't be accessed in that time frame.At least I'm getting somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It seems like the CACHE gets full.

Call webview.clearCache(); and webView2.destroyDrawingCache() now and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement