• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

2d platformer openGL

This topic is 1962 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am a complete newbie when it comes to openGL. My class started 2 weeks ago and our first assignment is already due. The assignment states - create a 2d platform game using openGL and c++ (no SDL). The platforms could be just a bunch of rectangles but the world should be big enough so that scrolling would be possible in both the horizontal and vertical directions. The player should be just a circle that is controlled with the arrow keys and we should be using naive world physics. As simple as this sounds I have spent two days rereading the chapters in the book that we have covered so far and googling and I still have no idea how to approach this. Any link to tutorials or code would be highly appreciated!

Advertisement
I, on the other hand, suspect that it teaches one more of windows programming to create the device with winapi. It isn't too hard, either.

I, on the other hand, suspect that it teaches one more of windows programming to create the device with winapi. It isn't too hard, either.

I don't think there's any value in teaching students how to lock their application to a single platform.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement