What is the guy called with all the money? boss?

Started by
50 comments, last by lTyl 11 years, 7 months ago

[quote name='glhf' timestamp='1347124882' post='4978040']
so where can i find teams that look for investor?
I have never ever seen a thread where they ask for that at least on any kind of game dev related forum.

Most studios looking for investment will contact potential investors themselves, investors looking for investment opportunities will look around for promising startup companies themselves. You can get a list of game related companies in sweden right here: http://www.allabolag...ng_Av_Dataspel. (Allthough if you're looking to invest money you might want to branch out a bit and look at non game related companies aswell)
[/quote]

nice link but i see companies listed there like blizzard and paradox etc..
i was thinking like really small teams.. that maybe dont even have made a real company yet..
Advertisement

[quote name='SimonForsman' timestamp='1347125633' post='4978042']
I have never ever seen a thread where they ask for that at least on any kind of game dev related forum.

Most studios looking for investment will contact potential investors themselves, investors looking for investment opportunities will look around for promising startup companies themselves. You can get a list of game related companies in sweden right here: http://www.allabolag...ng_Av_Dataspel. (Allthough if you're looking to invest money you might want to branch out a bit and look at non game related companies aswell)
[/quote]

i was thinking like really small teams.. that maybe dont even have made a real company yet..
[/quote]

There are small companies in there aswell, (The big ones tend to be listed first though).
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

[quote name='glhf' timestamp='1347127275' post='4978048']

[/quote]

[/quote]

There are small companies in there aswell, (The big ones tend to be listed first though).
[/quote]

how do these small companies operate?
They make a game and then go and work in mcdonalds while they wait for a investor to come and fund them to make a new game or what?

if they already have the manpower to make games then why would they need me?

[quote name='SimonForsman' timestamp='1347129526' post='4978058']
[quote name='glhf' timestamp='1347127275' post='4978048']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

how do these small companies operate?
They make a game and then go and work in mcdonalds while they wait for a investor to come and fund them to make a new game or what?

if they already have the manpower to make games then why would they need me?
[/quote]

To expand their business , make bigger games, make their own games rather than games for their customers, etc.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
They're aimed developers rather than investors, but these articles cover topics such as game funding, product pitching, and the publishing and funding businesses. Tom Sloper also has a couple of articles on finances ,publishing, and producing. Although they're more aimed at developers, they may give you some more perspective on how investing normally works. If you want to be an investor you should study business -- strength and weakness analysis, potential profits, etc.

and FLeBlanc.. i know you dont udnerstand my game designing posts, you should stick to programming and let game designers to their job

That's needlessly nasty, and a bit of a stretch given you have yet to prove your abilities as a designer and your methods are essentially completely opposed to the conventional wisdom of the industry. Perhaps until such time as you prove your capabilities you should leave both programming and design to the respective professionals in the fields, and stick to investing/publishing -- or at least keep the snarky and baseless comments to yourself.

- Jason Astle-Adams

@jbadams: sorry, I hit the down vote button instead of the up vote button by mistake!
I think its funny everyone thinks what i said was so bad but its basically exactly the same thing fleblanc said but he just said it very veiled with 2 paragraphs of text.

he basically said "be the money man and dont try to be anything else" which is what i said to him as well lol

i guess politics just aint my field of expertise lol

I think its funny everyone thinks what i said was so bad but its basically exactly the same thing fleblanc said but he just said it very veiled with 2 paragraphs of text.

he basically said "be the money man and dont try to be anything else" which is what i said to him as well lol

i guess politics just aint my field of expertise lol

Except you didn't just say "be the money man and don't try to be anything else". For example:

aand when i am the boss like this..
I get to make the final decisions about everything right?
So i can say for example.. remove that weapon from this game... and add this instead... kind of like creative director but not really..
because who ever is the designer on their team does all but i just come in a change details to my liking.[/quote]

and

but does black mailing to pull out mone work really?[/quote]

Expecting to have overriding authority over every little detail of their development process is a far cry from "be the money man and don't try to be anything else", in fact it's quite the opposite.

Your problem is not a lack of political astuteness rather your attitude in general. From your posting history, you seem to be entirely closed off to any ideas or positions that are not in tune with your own (misguided) ideas and positions, even when this advice is coming sincerely from people far more experienced than you. This isn't a good sign. You then open up this thread with asking how to invest in a fledgling company and dictate every minor detail to them. This is a terrible sign for any healthy and productive business relationship. Quite frankly, working under you sounds like it would be a terrible experience and you sure as hell won't retain any talent with your attitude to learning and business.
I've never closed off any ideas from others, if you really read my posts you will see that I'm giving arguments.. we argue about stuff to find out what is better or correct etc.
you will also notice that I'm always lost person giving an argument.. the others always give up and stop arguing and just say sometihng like "lets agree to disagree then".
So that means they are the ones closed of to new ideas.. not me... since i argue... they dont.

and some people think im strange and aggressive because i reply with arguments to other people who comment on the first post of a thread..
they don't like when i argue against them.. that means they are closed off to new ideas
Either you suffer from delusional disorder or you are just a troll.

I don't know if english is your primary language but from what you have written several times on this forum in different threads you give away a very strong "me against the world" mentality. Everyone else is dumb, irresponsible, should just listen to your advice since you seem to know it all better.

Also you seem to down-vote every single post that disagrees with your views. Really? Is that what you call a discussion?
The fact that your reputation has almost reached negative 200 should also give you a hint that maybe, just maybe, you are the one at fault.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement