What is the guy called with all the money? boss?

Started by
50 comments, last by lTyl 11 years, 7 months ago

Either you suffer from delusional disorder or you are just a troll.

I don't know if english is your primary language but from what you have written several times on this forum in different threads you give away a very strong "me against the world" mentality. Everyone else is dumb, irresponsible, should just listen to your advice since you seem to know it all better.

Also you seem to down-vote every single post that disagrees with your views. Really? Is that what you call a discussion?
The fact that your reputation has almost reached negative 200 should also give you a hint that maybe, just maybe, you are the one at fault.

i downvote if you say something offensive to me..
not that points really matter in my eyes.. they have zero meaning to me but i just cant resist pressing the buttons lol

and i dont have any "me against the world" mentality.. and i dont think everyone else is dumb.
i think many don't really "get it" when it comes to game design but that doesn't make them dumb..

if I didn't think i could learn things from others then I wouldnt make threads asking for other peoples opinions and views..
but then they think im close-minded when I argue against their replies... but its other way around like i explained in the previous post.
open-minded people argue to find out what is better.

then theres ofcourse some thing that cant be argued about.. when it comes to ying and yang.
as in different genres of games etc.
Advertisement

Also you seem to down-vote every single post that disagrees with your views.

I'd go even further and say that he's using a sock puppet to further down vote others and up vote himself. Both myself and jbadams conveniently had 2 down votes just minutes after we posted whilst glhf was still active in this thread.

[quote name='Madhed' timestamp='1347187931' post='4978249']
Also you seem to down-vote every single post that disagrees with your views.

I'd go even further and say that he's using a sock puppet to further down vote others and up vote himself. Both myself and jbadams conveniently had 2 down votes just minutes after we posted whilst glhf was still active in this thread.
[/quote]

i actually upvoted one of your posts lol
Don't worry, he isn't cheating the reputation system. Nor do the votes from someone with a reputation as low as his actually count for anything -- you'll notice that you don't actually lose reputation when he down-votes you.

This is off-topic however, and it would be appreciated if there was no further discussion of the reputation system in this discussion.

EDIT: Just to be clear, this is an official moderator instruction to end discussion of the rep system.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Guys, leave the analysis of GLHF's psyche out of it, unless you're a trained professional and he's hired you to do so, and get back on topic, or someone's going to have to lock the thread.
Apologies, I won't take this thread off-topic any further.
ok now that we're back on topic..

the link Simon gave is good.. but there has to be more places I can search for small teams that might not have a company yet?

what kind of tteams is it that need funding anyway?
is it only really big AA+ games that need funding .. because I cant imagine a small 1-3 month game is worth getting funding for because that's something they can do on their free time after work.

any more advice and tips about this?
One way to research it might be to put yourself in the shoes of a developer -- e.g. they want an investor, they might google "how to find venture capital" -- and then once you know how a developer finds a venture capitalist, you'll know how to fit yourself in to that process.

Any games company that doesn't yet have an income source, but wants to be a real company with an office, etc, requires investment.
I've recently started an indie game studio, and we've at this point decided to completely stay away from external investors. My business partner was a founder of another studio that got started on ~$1M of invested capital (they used that money to get an office, hire all the staff, buy the technology, etc) and while it was really great to have enough money to run a real games company, the fact that it was other people's money was a real hassle. He would spend about half his time writing up reports and having meetings with all the different investors to keep them happy, otherwise they'd stop the flow of money. With our new company, we decided to cut costs instead of putting up with that kind of intrusion into our project.
So - not everyone that needs investment will accept investment either.
Hobbyists will not normally be seeking investment or outside funding, but smaller indie projects do also seek funding at times -- see for example Indie Funding, who exist solely for this purpose.

You're unlikely to find them advertising that fact however, as the general process is that they prepare a pitch and then directly approach investors. Unfortunately it's one of those situations where you really need to become well known and develop a good reputation in the market so that developers will seek you out directly.

To get yourself started building that reputation, you could perhaps advertise and accept submissions. Otherwise you'll probably just have to approach developers directly until you find some that are interested. They very likely won't be listed in any central location -- if they knew they wanted funding, they would have approached a publisher or investor directly rather than adding themselves to a list somewhere, because that's how funding is normally gained.

You might look at projects that are showing promise in our classifieds section, on indiedb and moddb, and other similar places online.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Easy one, the guy with all money is called "Scrooge McDuck"
Can I have a candy ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement