Eric J Gallardo, Composer and New Member

Started by
10 comments, last by Eric J Gallardo 11 years, 7 months ago
Hi, my name is Eric and I enjoy long walks on the beach, discussing fine wines and less importantly I am a composer who is very passionate about video games and the unique story-telling and creative experiences they offer. I've been writing music for theatre, concert and a few smaller film projects for a while now but I have decided to begin focusing on the medium I love the most (video games) and so here I am. If interested you can listen to examples of my work as well as learn about my background at http://www.ericjgallardo.com and beside that I hope to get to know many of you in some capacity. Thanks!

-Out of work Bladerunner, Moonlighting as a Composer/Musician

www.ericjgallardo.com
contact@ericjgallardo.com

Advertisement
I'm also always looking to network with and forge relationships with any talented composers, musicians and sound designers alike so if you too are looking to network please let me know.

www.ericjgallardo.com

I'm new here myself and also looking to network. I've been composing for a few years and have just recently decided to try composing for games and looking for the avenues to do that. I like your music, what sound libraries do you use?

Bryan Davis - Composer

Website • Soundcloud

Hi Bakuda, do you have a facebook or linked in account? If you do let me know so that we may get in touch there! Thanks for the kind words, for a few of the older pieces I used EW/QL Symphonic Libraries, much of the most recent are mixes of libraries I made myself, Hollywood Strings and Brass and also Live recordings.

www.ericjgallardo.com

Yeah...I'm on facebook. I'm on linked in too but haven't been very active there. I really should update my profile and do more there. You're own library eh??? I'd be interested in hearing more about that.

Bryan Davis - Composer

Website • Soundcloud

Ah another EQWL guy! If only I wasn't a poor student and had the money for such lovely libraries. Ah well one day I won't just have to make do with my Sibelius sounds (which are actually surprisingly good). I like your website Eric, I imagine you get quite a bit of work here and there? Bryan (I hope you don't mind me calling you that) I had a look at your facebook and soundcloud - very nice stuff! Your production is also very tight IMO
www.soundcloud.com/roblaidlowmusic
Call me Rob
Thanks Tonedeafrob, and no, I don't mind you calling me by name. Yeah, I'm in the same financial boat as you. I use Garritan Personal Orchestra and find it adequate for now but would love to upgrade to something nicer in the future. Do you have any tunes on soundcloud...I'd love to give them a listen! Nice to find another Sibelius composer. I don't know about other peoples workflow, but I compose my string and orchestral parts in sibelius and then export it to Logic through midi to add the Garritan sounds there and shape the instruments one at a time using the mod wheel.

Bryan Davis - Composer

Website • Soundcloud

Yeah my soundcloud is in my signature. I've heard quite a bit about Garritan but never given it a try myself, I've generally been into the more synthy synthesizers going for drum modules and oscillators and whatnot instead of, say, a brass section or whatever. For my workflow I use the DAW Reaper (so cheap and so great!) for all my mixing etc and Sibelius for sequencing, much like yours I guess, except I probably use more of the inbuilt Sib sounds as I have the Essentials library which is pretty good for some things esp woodwind, strings and piano sounds
www.soundcloud.com/roblaidlowmusic
Call me Rob
Bryan, yeah I, along with a sound engineer buddy of mine recorded and edited down myself performing many of the percussion instruments and I had two of my friends to record violin and cello techniques. then we edited down everything into usable sound files. Lots of work but layering them on top of the existing stuff really helps. To be honest I won't be doing that again though as I'd just rather do live recordings of my scores if I can't then the libraries I have now are adequate for all other times.

Thanks Rob for the kind words, I do get work here and there but mostly for theatre and concert commissions. I really want to write for games though, so I am taking a break and using my time to find studios to work with.

where do you go to school? is it for a BM in Composition, Performance or Theory? if so you can buy many bigger named libraries for a huge discount straight from the source and write it all off for taxes for school. All my money from my job I held when I went to school went to do just that! make sure to buy at the end of the year so you get the money back quicker! But don't worry too much, I used Finale (yeah so I guess we're mortal enemies now!) along with Garritan PO forever and I loved it.

Bryan Ill add you to both my facebook and linkedin accounts and if you have them as well Rob, I will add you too!

www.ericjgallardo.com

HI everyone smile.png

I'd also like to forge relations with you guys too ...
My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRFaithMusic

I also use EWQL but I only have the Symphonic Orchestra at the moment though I think I might get a complete composers package

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement