The "best" OpenGL/.NET wrapper?

Started by
13 comments, last by Scourage 11 years, 6 months ago
If you are worried about cross-platform, then to my mind, both Tao and OpenTK are pretty much a non-starter - neither one supports modern versions of OpenGL (3.x+) under Mac OS X.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Advertisement
I'm using OpenTK. It's BEAST. Go for it.

It's a really nice wrapper. It provides basic classes like matrix, vector, math functions. Check it out.

If you are worried about cross-platform, then to my mind, both Tao and OpenTK are pretty much a non-starter - neither one supports modern versions of OpenGL (3.x+) under Mac OS X.

Only the latest (or maybe its the 2 latest ones now) OS X version supports OpenGL 3.x anyway so its not much of an issue. If you want cross platform support you're best off using OpenGL 2.1 still.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

If you want cross platform support you're best off using OpenGL 2.1 still.

I don't have that luxury, which unfortunately means that cross-platform CLR is still DOA for me.

I tried to poke OpenTK into proper Mac support a year or so back, but the results were less than enthusiastic, and I don't have time to port it myself. C'est la vie.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

I've been using OpenTK for about a year now. I haven't tried it on a mac, but I'm able to run openGL 3.3 on a linux box and windows box without any changes. It also looks like it supports up to OpenGL 4.2 (but I haven't tried-need that kind of hardware first). I wish the openTK website was more up to date, but it's the best library that I've found since it also includes openAL and openCL bindings as well as handles window and input handling.

Cheers,

Bob

[size="3"]Halfway down the trail to Hell...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement