• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Text RPG - feedback wanted!

This topic is 1951 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

...perhaps visually showing all the nodes and the choices that connect them kind of like a road map...

Yeah, I thought about it, to have a graph of all pathes in the story generated automatically. However, I have no idea how I could do that. And making it "navigable/editable" is probably also a lot work.

Instead, to give a broad structure to the adventure, I though of splitting the "book" in chapters or in areas ...or both.
The chapters are like cutting the global storyline/plot in rough chunks. The other is more like a spatial division where a map could additionally be used.
By having an outline/synopsis/summary for the chapter and a single entry point, it would act as a check point to ensure all the pathes come back together at some point. Edited by be-the-hero.net

Advertisement

However, I have no idea how I could do that

i wanted to say tree menus but
i just saw i was out of my league big time when i saw this list of 100 professional text rpgs
http://www.mmorpg100.com/index.php?cat=text%20based which all have very extensive menus

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement