I hate this site

Started by
36 comments, last by Cornstalks 11 years, 7 months ago
I wonder why this place is the most popular game development community.
Advertisement

I wonder why this place is the most popular game development community.

This will end well.
Its not that bad, but to respond to your comment, if you type "game developer community" or "game development community", this site is the top result.

I feel like there is a sense of "elitism" on these forums, but its easy to shrug off. If you hate it that much, don't bother visiting the site (or forums).
Don't be a typical user. What exactly do you hate? The experience of a site like this is a combination of technology, size of userbase, experience of userbase, amount of content, general attitude, modding system, personal expectations, personal preconceptions, etc.
Ok, no one is forcing you to use this site and forums, but personally I think we have one of the best communities available.

Are you just venting, trying to start a fight on purpose, or would you actually like to offer some constructive feedback on why you don't like it or what you might like to see changed/improved? We do take user feedback on board, and we're doing our best to offer the best development community possible, but we can't really work with "I hate this site"; what specifically do you hate?

- Jason Astle-Adams

Well the only logical response to feedback "I hate this site" is to close the site. Duh. wink.png
I actually like the site and the members, even if the news feed is mostly boring.

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

Yup, this site and especially the forums are full of douchebags who don't offer instant ready-to-copy-in answers to all of the problems I encounter during developement, so FUXK OFF gamedev!!!!111

*is hating*
I hate corn.

Also, I hate it when I can't think of a word, and the more I try to remember the word I am looking for, the more it seems to recede from my memory. What's that called?
For the record, I hate almost every online community to some degree. Well, no, not even almost, I hate them all for all their own reasons. I still put up with the ones I feel are tolerable.

This one is tolerable. There are certain users here who have been on for a very long time who really are helpful. And there are those who demand some obeisance from other users for some reason; I don't go for that.

Do what you want Reflexus, no one is forcing you here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement