Sign in to follow this  
ISDCaptain01

I often have to go back and revise topics

Does this happen to a lot of people. Ive been learning c++ for 7 motnhs now. I got around to starting to make my first game in sfml this week. In one part of the tutorial, it was using templates. I hadnt used templates in a long time so I had to go back refresh my memory. Is this normal to go back refresh some stuff, especially for beginners? Or is it just me?

This happened with me when I learnt stuff but didn't actually program with it. I tend to read programming books on the bus when I go to school, but unless I actually make use of what I learnt when I get back after work at night, I'll forget a good portion of it.

Although I'm guessing your problem was more to do with syntax, not forgetting how the features actually work in the first place?

Want to hear something that would make you feel better?

I write a number of tutorials, mostly aimed towards newer game developers or emerging technology and I feel reasonably knowledgeable about a number of subjects, tools, platforms and programming languages. On occasion, sadly more than once, I have had to google something... that ended up being answered by my own tutorial!

Minus an eidetic memory, this is just the normal state of things. Edited by Serapth