Monsters - A 2D Shooter Game for Win/Mac/Linux Kickstarter Campaign

Started by
-1 comments, last by zenasprime 11 years, 7 months ago
Hi, I'm working on a simple 2D game similar to Robotron 2084 and it's more contemporary brethren. The gameplay is pretty simple and the standard for shooters of it's type except for a twist I added to it, shooting drains energy, which provides protection to you from attacking enemy monsters. You have to constantly pick up "soul hearts" from slain enemies to revitalize your energy otherwise you will die to their attacks.

This is the first game I am building from start to finish, no excuses (everyone has games they start but never seem to finish) while going the whole nine yards, from design concept to digital download, if only for the learning experience that comes along with the production of a video game. I intend to release the game as a stand along executable for Windows, Mac, and Linux when Unity provides that for us. I'm looking to raise a modest amount to help fund the game's art and soundtrack development. You can check out the Kickstarter page, and a lot of the game's concept art and screenshots at:

http://kck.st/PSIISR .

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement