Unity 3d And Vat in the USA

Started by
1 comment, last by Madhed 11 years, 7 months ago
Hello Fellow users here's the issue.

I am planning on using the asset store in unity to sell art assets as another means of income.

It is asking me for my VAT number but i don't have one. i just finished highschool and will be turning 18 in november im not sure it that helps but yes. what do i need to sell on the asset store, U.S Taxes ,ect and do i need to be a resident? i've seen they have checks and yes i live here but do not have my resident as yet, much help will be apprieated awating poitive replies thankyou.
Advertisement
Technically being born in the US (I assume you are) then you are a resident. I assume you mean you have not recieved your social security number which simply allows you to work full time (I live in the UK and we get the equivelant at 16 not 18, unless its different over there I would be worried). This might be the number needed, I'm not 100% sure on that.
I'm from germany so take this info with a grain of salt.

The VAT number (Value added tax) is given to businesses by the financial authority of your state. So in order to have a vat number you need to register a business. However, here in germany there is a special case for small businesses where you can opt out of the vat deduction process. I don't know if something like that is possible in the states. Furthermore, I don't know if you can actually register with the asset store without providing your vat number.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement