CryEngine 3 or Unity 3d?

Started by
15 comments, last by RDragon1 11 years, 6 months ago
what the hell is happening to my account?....downvoting everyone....sorry guys but i didnt downvoted anyone...maybe something is wrong with my pc...sorry..
Advertisement
i got the UDK and everything looks awesome..however, how can we import 3ds files from max or maya?...or even blender?...if we need any plugins or addons for importing,...what do we need to do that?...thanks in advance,,,

superman3275, sorry for the trouble...i owe you 10 votes...hehe..thanks..
I wonder how superman can know who downvoted him :) (That information isn't visible to users AFAIK)
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
On UDK I'm pretty sure you go to open, I wouldn't know, I've only ever used Unity3d for small stuff.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja !

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here !

I wonder how superman can know who downvoted him

Actually, if you have a rough idea who downvoted you, you can confirm by checking their rep and looking for their -1 downvote on your post. Of course, if you have no idea who did it, then you can't know without checking everyone's rep. Not that it matters that much...

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

i got the UDK and everything looks awesome..however, how can we import 3ds files from max or maya?...or even blender?...if we need any plugins or addons for importing,...what do we need to do that?...thanks in advance,,,

So when you're in Max, make sure you export as a obj or fbx, depending on if you're using actorX. If it's a static object, then obj should be fine. If you have any kind of animation, then it's a lengthy process. But one thing that is good to remember is that it needs bones, even if it's just a morph animation.

Now, lets say you have your model all set for import. Just open up your content browser and click import on the lower left hand side. You'll be given plenty of options for the import, but playing around with it and figuring out how to create your own content packages will help. And make sure to save multiple iterations of your work, as UDK has a tendency to update and break things or over-ride content if you are testing them out.

Hope I helped! biggrin.png

Check out my game blog - Dave's Game Blog

...I saw it's youtube vid 'Unreal Engine 3 (2012) feature highlights' ...the physics and graphics is very amazing..

And by that you mean, the professional modelers, texture artists, lighters, animators, and shader artists that put together those games are amazing :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement