Loops

Started by
5 comments, last by Bakuda 11 years, 7 months ago
Hi everyone :)

I was just wondering how you create seamless loops?
Whats your method of doing this and what program do you use?

Thanks,
Caleb Faith
Advertisement
read below for better explanation of what i tried to explain here..
www.soundcloud.com/roblaidlowmusic
Call me Rob
I've been working on this myself and the best thing I can come up with is write the piece so the end has as little reverb as possible so that it loops cleaner. Any advise on how to do it better would be appreciated smile.png

Bryan Davis - Composer

Website • Soundcloud

Hello,

This is how I usually do it:

When everything is mixed, I bounce out the track including one loop, noting the BPM or exact duration of one loop.
Then I open a separate wave editor and take the audio from the point where it loops again until the end.
This is so any reverb tails and instrument releases aren't cut off when it loops.

Last step is applying a tiny and unnoticeable fade-out at the end of the track to make sure there's no nasty click.

You still have to find a good looping spot, of course! And that's kind of an art and depends on a lot of factors...

Cheers,
Moritz

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

What sort of loops are we talking? Aperiodic stuff or music in general?

With the former, you've not really got any options other than setting the loop points manually to find a seamless loop. Dedicated audio editors are good for this as I find that DAWs can be very clumsy when trying to setup seamless loops at the individual sample level. Saying that, if your DAW supports audio slipping then you can chop the audio into the size loop you want and slip the audio back and forth finding a sweet spot. There are ways around audio that just doesn't want to loop, generally involving butchering the audio in your DAW and using judicious amounts of chopping and fading.

If the latter, Moritz has laid it down. Again, I'm assuming we're talking "loop-friendly" material here, I would only add that you can usually just bounce twice the amount of what you want to loop and just take the second half. This should/will include the verbs, releases, delays and what not to make it loop seamlessly.

I would only add that you can usually just bounce twice the amount of what you want to loop and just take the second half. This should/will include the verbs, releases, delays and what not to make it loop seamlessly.

I was assuming we were talking about the latter - and yes, that is precisely what I'm doing and what I was trying to describe!

Cheers,
Moritz

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

[quote name='GeneralQuery' timestamp='1347971893' post='4981227']
I would only add that you can usually just bounce twice the amount of what you want to loop and just take the second half. This should/will include the verbs, releases, delays and what not to make it loop seamlessly.

I was assuming we were talking about the latter - and yes, that is precisely what I'm doing and what I was trying to describe!

Cheers,
Moritz
[/quote]
So simple and yet I didn't even think of it. Thanks!

Bryan Davis - Composer

Website • Soundcloud

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement