• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lipsryme

Shader/Const buffer problem

This topic is 2131 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've got a const buffer struct defined in my application code, which you can see here:

struct cbDOFProperties
{
float _focalWidth;
float _focalDepth;
float _farClip;
float _padding;

XMFLOAT2 _filterTaps[12];
};

Now the same in my shader:

cbuffer cbDOFProperties : register(b0)
{
float _focalWidth;
float _focalDepth;
float _farClip;
float _padding;

float2 _filterTaps[12];
};

The problem I'm having is that I'm getting a warning telling me:
D3D11: WARNING: ID3D11DeviceContext::DrawIndexed: The size of the Constant Buffer at slot 0 of the Pixel Shader unit is too small (112 bytes provided, 208 bytes, at least, expected).

I don't get it. the size of a float2 would be 2*4 byte = 8 bytes * 12 = 96 bytes + 4x floats = 112 bytes like it tells me I've provided. Then why is it expecting 208 ???

Advertisement
Hmm might be a stupid question but how would I give "him" more data in this case ?

edit: [s]nvm got it[/s]
Hmm or not... how do I correctly set an array to a constant buffer ? Edited by lipsryme

Declare it as an array of XMFLOAT4 in your C++ structure, and only set the X and Y values.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!