As3;

Started by
0 comments, last by CarlosMartinez 11 years, 7 months ago
I am beginning to learn actionscript 3 coding by using it with Flash Builder 4.6. Before I continue, I want to know if it is possible to import character sprites into the "game","code","as3","flash builder"... whatever you want to call it.

Can I import sprites and sprite sheets and use them in as3 coding? (i.e. sprites for a 2d game..)

If there are certain sprites and spritesheets or programs I have to use to create these sprites or file types that must be used in order to be compatible with Flash Builder 4.6 or as3, please let me know.

I apologize for not understanding much of the syntax or lingo of as3 just yet. If this question is hard to follow I understand.wacko.png
Advertisement
of course you can, the hard part is not how to import them but how to use them for animations, u need to do some loops and some stuff, but i'd use all the potential of flash and avoid a lot of sprite managing, u can make them into flash objects which should make your life easier, and u can limit your sprite usage to momments when u find yourself forced to use them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement