Mobile networking game, what is needed?

Started by
1 comment, last by SoulRyder 11 years, 7 months ago
Hello,

Me and my team are in the concept phase of a mobile game, and one of our options would be a game where people have the possibility to connect to other people online. The game itself wont be close to anything like Songpop or Word-feud, but the technical part of connecting to other players will have something that could be compared to the way it works in Songpop or Word-feud. This to give an idea of what kind of techniques and possibilities we are looking at.

This is one of our concepts, but it sure is one we are enthusiastic about. But we don't know how much extra things we would need for this.
If this is too much we will have to make a game which can be played by a person on its own without the social networking part. But if we could pull it off it would really improve our game.

Now the main question is, is there anyone here who knows what would be needed to create a game like that, for example: Do we need a lot of servers to make this idea possible, and are there other important things we have to be aware off?

Thanks in advance for any useful information.

Greetings,

Alexander
Alexander Sarton

Co - Founder / Producer @ Barrelman Games
Advertisement
Songpop and Word-feud are turn based games so you can get awy with a simple rest API. I'm currently developing a similar game and I'm using Parse.com. Can get a simple turn based multiplayer game with Facebook / Twitter login in about an hour.
Thanks alot!!!

We where going to use corona sdk for development.
But prse looks good too, but do you know if you need the Pro version of Parse?
Or can you get away with the Basic version if you dont know yet how many users you will have?
Alexander Sarton

Co - Founder / Producer @ Barrelman Games

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement