• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bulluge

Made 2 demos and an insanely huge script what can I do to get it to a company

This topic is 2104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have made two Demos that I could submit, but techniquely I would say they are full fledge games with over 10 Hours of game play each. My games are all RPG based, and I have made an insanely large unique script. I am saying that in the following languages I am intermediate with touches in advance in C++, C#, Visual Basic. Although, for my 2 demos I used the Rpg maker engine which greatly helped me to produce. Basically, I just joined 5 mins ago, and I am a beginner at what I am trying to achieve. I would love some help in getting my game truely made. Now when I say script I mean I have wrote out the entire story line, and it is roughly over 500 pages of dialouge and explaining battle events. Plus I already drew out all my items and characters. With all of this how would I get to my final point of getting it published?

Advertisement
Apologies for the large link-dump, but between them these should answer your question and give you an idea of how to proceed.
Preparing a product pitch
Preparing a game demo
The game concept submission process
Selling game designs/ideas
More about submissions

Computer Game Industry (an overview)
Computer Game Publishing (an overview)
Computer Game Development (an overview)
How the game development/production process works
The publishing FAQ

I have a great idea for a game -- how do I sell it?
More about what to do with your original game concept

Indie Fund -- Funding for independent development

It's pretty uncommon -- to the point that it almost never happens -- to be able to sell your demo to a developer as-is, but you might be able to obtain funding to complete development or self-publish the game. You might get some negative reactions to your use of RPG Maker, but I wouldn't pay them too much attention, as it's not unprecedented to sell a good quality game made with RPG Maker.

In addition to the ideas above, you could also try to obtain crowd-funding through Kickstarter, or Indie Go Go to continue your own development or purchase additional assets.

If your demos are essentially fully functional games you could also try publishing as-is. You might consider giving Steam Greenlight a try.

Hope that's helpful! Best of luck! smile.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!