Check out my 3D lowpoly models of a Pigeon

Started by
5 comments, last by 3Ddreamer 11 years, 6 months ago
this is 2 animated 3D lowpoly models of a Pigeon
You can download it at http://3docean.net/i...165563?ref=se5d

Flying pigeon 15 frames loop (226 polygons)
[media]
[/media]
Walking pigeon 310 frames loop (531 polygons)
[media]
[/media]
Advertisement
The model and texture are solid!

The animation on the flying and the walking and pecking is well posed with some good eye for detail in terms of pigeon movement, my only suggestion would be to play with the timing a bit. The wings should really beat with each flap. Maybe the head movement should be offset from the flap as an overlapping movement to give a bit more of an involuntary look to the neck muscles. With much more subtle tail movement. The timing on the second video just needs longer holds on positions and maybe a very subtle ease out at the end of the head looking around, a pigeons head really snaps in a direction but the hold after is what makes it look so abrupt so creating the subtle ease out should give the look you are hoping to create. It looks like the feet are a textured plain (am I right?), I would take the bone or control object for the feet and scale them to look like the toes relax together a bit during flight. It'll shrink the texture but if its done abruptly in the transition between takeoff and landing the foot should look a bit more natural.

Great stuff!
Well. model made ??in 3d max. so you can adjust almost all parameters. And by the way when many models are used. it all looks quite realistic
3DMax is a great piece of software. Like I said the model, textures and poses are solid. Keep up the good work.
Make the head bounce forward each step. Pigeons do this fairly extreme.

Other then that: very solid!
I am pretty sure that head does not move so much during flying. I have not studied birds specifically, but mammals keep their head movement extremely smooth, relative to body. Also wings (feathers) bend during flight.
Also a suggestion - if you want comments of your model (in addition to animation), include some wireframe images.
Lauris Kaplinski

First technology demo of my game Shinya is out: http://lauris.kaplinski.com/shinya
Khayyam 3D - a freeware poser and scene builder application: http://khayyam.kaplinski.com/
Most people looking at them would accept them as well done! Only the animation movements could have much improvement, but they are good enough. As I am saying, most people would be totally immersed in it!

Take the suggestions if you want, but I say nice! biggrin.png

Clinton

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement