• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Network (p2p) programming for beginner

This topic is 1984 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Since I´m a complete noob when it comes to network programming I´m having some trouble grasping the network programming in my current game project. I´ve googled/read alot of tutorials but they´re all different, using different techniques/methods and some where even outdated with deprecated functions.

Using C# 4.0 I want to create a peer 2 peer connection between 2 applications, I´ve created a five-in-a-row game where the game mechanics are done but I´m struggling with the network code. One host will be the server and the second client, but they´re both using same game client/resides in same application.

Almost every tutorial found on via google dont use Forms but the classic "console" style and thats definitely not what I´m looking for, I need Callback functions and I know very little about how those works.

Looking for a _good_ tutorial/explanation on how to make this connection in winforms, kudos for quick explanation of Callbacks and thread-related.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement