Code Blocks; SFML; QT

Started by
5 comments, last by TheChubu 11 years, 6 months ago
Hello,

I have been trying for the longest time now to get my code blocks working. First off, I had code blocks originally, then switched to QT (whilst deleting code blocks), and now I want to go back to code blocks. The problem with that is code blocks doesn't work. I don't know if that is because I have QT and code blocks installed at the same time or what. If its because of that, then should I completely delete QT? Is there any way to have both QT and codeblocks operational at the same time? I would prefer to have both of them operational at the same time, but if that just isn't possible, then I would willingly delete QT. Anybody know what I should do?

~Saint Squireen
Advertisement
I'm stupid.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja !

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here !

Use Visual C++ 2010 Express. 'Nuff Said

Ever considered the OP might not be using Windows?

@OP:

What do you mean exactly by "doesn't work"? You'll need to give us some more info here

I gets all your texture budgets!

O, of course. Basically I opened it up right after I installed it and without changing any of the defaults or anything like that, I clicked on the build and run button. The code was just 'Hello World' but for some reason (in the debug/compiler debrief screen) it said "Test - Debug" uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping... Nothing to be done.". Anything come to mind now? Also could you give me examples of your reasonings on why you think Visual C++ is better than Code blocks superman3275?

~Saint Squireen

O, of course. Basically I opened it up right after I installed it and without changing any of the defaults or anything like that, I clicked on the build and run button. The code was just 'Hello World' but for some reason (in the debug/compiler debrief screen) it said "Test - Debug" uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping... Nothing to be done.". Anything come to mind now? Also could you give me examples of your reasonings on why you think Visual C++ is better than Code blocks superman3275?

1. Amazing Debugger with Intellisense.
2. Large majority of tutorials and documentation is in visual studio.
3. Since it's widely used when you're working in a team it's generally easier.
4. There's great User Interface design, and there's also a web browser so you don't have to switch between
the web browser and the IDE.
5. I switched from Code::Blocks to Visual C++, and it is far easier. The debugger is definitely better, and
setting up SDL and SFML was far simpler. The User Interface seems less cluttered to me also.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja !

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here !

Why do I keep on getting downvotes? Also, every downvote is taking 3 away from my reputation sad.png I know you guys like your compilers,
but why are you downvoting me?

The OP asked for a solution to his problem with Code::Blocks. Instead of helping with that problem, you told him to use another program altogether, without any explanation why.

Also, I'm HELPING the OP install visual C++

He didn't want help installing VC++, he wanted help installing Code::Blocks. And you didn't give any help him install VC++, you simply told him to do it.

You guys are fanboys, you're not supposed to downvote if you don't agree with the OPINION.

You were downvoted for being unhelpful.
CodeBlocks stable is old, and if you're using it, you should get the nightly builds (instructions about how to do that in codeblock's forum).

More on topic. Codeblocks can work with both Microsoft's compiler and GCC. If you're using (or trying to) GCC, in Linux you should install it first with your package manager of preference, in Windows you should download and install MinGW.

Select the appropriate compiler in CodeBlocks and try again (both Linux's GCC and MinGW's GCC for Windows appear as "GCC" on the dropdown list of compilers). You may have to select the compiler settings from the project instead of just using the global settings for the compiler (specially if you're trying to compile an older project that may have different paths for the compiler, cpps, etc).

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement