How to write a letter to publishers?

Started by
7 comments, last by mholmes 11 years, 6 months ago
Hi everybody,

Could anybody point out a template or something that can be used to query a publisher? My game will be released on ios/android could anyone give any trick/tip to attrack attention?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Don't write a letter.
Call on the telephone.
See http://sloperama.com/advice/lesson21.htm - all about submitting a game to publishers.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thanks for the information.

The problem is that I don't speak engles as fluently as I would, so, I can't phone them to mantain a fluent conversation :). This is why I thought about getting in touch through mail.

Thanks inadvance.

The problem is that I don't speak engles as fluently as I would, so, I can't phone them to mantain a fluent conversation . This is why I thought about getting in touch through mail.

Recruit a fluent English-speaker to handle this aspect of the business.

A letter written by someone not fluent in English is equally bad as the phone call, and regardless of which approach you take now, you will eventually have to deal with the publisher over the phone.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

What languages are you fluent in (I'm guessing you speak atleast one language fluently) ? There are publishers in Europe and Asia that don't require you to use english when dealing with them. (Smaller publishers are also far more likely to bite on lower budget games) So calling up a smaller local publisher might be worth a shot.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Hi!

I think I could have a conversation by phone but not at a bussiness level. I'm fluent in english (written and spoken) but I know my limitations when I move from general language to technical language. I think I will try to find a local publisher but this will limit our options a bit.

Thanks a lot for the insights.
I think I will try to find a local publisher but this will limit our options a bit.

No it won't limit you, it is your limit, considering you have no experience with publishers I'll assume you're a very small developer which means the chance of a big international publisher taking you on are quite slim.

Don't write a letter.
Call on the telephone.
See http://sloperama.com...ce/lesson21.htm - all about submitting a game to publishers.

Hey, this helped quite a bit! Thank you!
I'm currently in the process of switching from a software company to a publishing company. If you were to send me a letter, I want to see good grammar, interesting flowing letter, images of project, videos and brief but detailed description. Along with current project stats, sales etc. To get marketing stats/sales you can place/sell your product on popular free sites like “Cnet” for a short period of time to demonstrate your projects current success.

Publishers are investors and take a risk by investing in your product. So you must demonstrate your product is worth investing into and will be profitable for them to invest into as well. If your product fails to prove its worth/value, they will not invest in it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement