Can someone recommend me a good movie to watch that I havent seen already?

Started by
32 comments, last by Khaiy 11 years, 6 months ago
I have seen so many movies and I can't find any good ones that I havent seen.
Can you recommend any that you think I might not have seen?
I dont like comedy/drama/romance/etc

I like actoin/thriller/crime/war/scifi/etc

horror is... alittle too scary to watch i think.
so i have alot of horror movies i havent seen yet so u dont need recommend that.

I will let you know if I have or havent seen your suggestion(s)

happy suggestioning!
Advertisement
It's difficult to suggest - if you've seen "so many movies" chances are that you'll have seen a lot of the good (and generally easy-to-recommend) films, and I'd hesitate before recommending some of the the more obscure films as they generally aren't for everyone (hence their relative obscurity). How many of the IMDb top 250 have you seen? Crossing off some more of those is probably the easiest option. Alternatively, let us know what sort of films you like already!

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

That's always a tough question for someone who doesn't know you well. Give some examples of what you like/dislike. What about time range? Only recent movies or old ones too?

Personally I figure if you want to see something different check out foreign or festival films. But it's not to everybody's tastes. For example:
Cargo (sci-fi set in a space hauler doing a delivery that goes way differently than the crew expect)
Moon (sci-fi set on the Moon, worst job contract ever)
Series 7 (action/drama about people killing each other on TV)
Lucky Number Slevin (crime/action about a guy in the wrong place at the wrong time)
Let me just put on my mind-reading hat...
I don't know you at all, so I can't make any recommendations for you, so this is a suggestion for all: Watch Firefly, and then watch Serenity. Do it in a day if you can. xkcd became infinitely better after I watched Firefly and Serenity.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
You should watch "The Notebook". I hear its good, so you'll certainly love it.

You should watch "The Notebook". I hear its good, so you'll certainly love it.

+1
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
No! Go back to your codes! tongue.png

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education"

Albert Einstein

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education"

Albert Einstein

If you're a fan of 2D animation, it might interest you to know that DC has released top-notch stuff in the past few years. In some cases, the voice actors from the Justice League animated series reprise their roles. Among the top, in no particular order, I would place:

• Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
  • Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
  • Batman: Under the Red Hood
  • Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

The thing I like about DC animated flicks compared to others is that they don't kiddie down their stuff. In America, it seems like 2D cartoons are either strictly for kids/family or strictly for adults. DC's flicks (overall) fall between the two extremes. For example, you probably don't want a kid watching Red Hood because there's a blood in it. On the other hand, it's not a gore fest.
The Quiet Earth. Do not watch the trailer.

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement