Portfolio online for listening

Started by
3 comments, last by TommyNightbird22 11 years, 7 months ago
http://www.youtube.c...et?feature=mhee

Here is my portfolio of a lot of stuff I've written/recorded.
You'll find some fun covers of songs from old NES/Megadrive games etc (I'm particularly fond of the Thunder Force 4 soundtrack)

There's originals on there as well.

The recording quality of a lot of the stuff isn't 100% great as it was done with Mixcraft which is pretty low end software so please don't assume that because the quality isn't good that I'm not good-did my best with the tools I had available at the time smile.png

I now use Ableton Live 8.2.2 which is a million times better.

RPG's, SHMUPS, FPS etc are what I'd be best at.
I'm doing it mostly for the enjoyment of making music for video-games.

All that I DO ask for in return is that I'm kept in the loop during the development process from beginning to end-I need to see things like concept art and character designs if I'm to get a feel for the music you want me to write-we need to do this properly!

I was commissioned by some guys making an RPG and they didn't fulfil this so there was no communication despite my E-mails and as a result, because of this I didn't write any music for them-Shame really because it had a good concept and looked good in the tech demo. As I know it the game was never finished.

Basically what I'm saying is if you want me on your project then we have to be 100 committed to it and finish it! smile.png

So yeah.

Hit me up smile.png
Advertisement
Hello,

I'm sure a lot of people 'round here would like to work with you. However, those people will look in the classifieds-section, since that is where such ads are to be posted. Could you please move the thread over there? (or just open up another and ask the mods to close this one)

bw,
Tobl

Edit:
And I just listened to your sample, goddamnit I'm in a great mood right now ^^
Think my post was helpful? Want to thank me? Nothing easier than that: I sure am are a sucker for reputation, so just give it a little keycode 38 if you like. ^^
Thanks for the tip and I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Hey,

Some of your post is okay for the Music and Sound forum while other bits are not. Mainly it's this line:

"I'm not bothered whether you offer payment or anything like that-I'm doing it mostly for the enjoyment of making music for video-games and the career opportunities."

Either remove this part or I'm going to have to close this thread. The spot to reach out and try to recruit projects is in the classifieds section. If you're wanting folks in the Music and Sound forum to listen and provide feedback on your work, that's fine. But you can't do both.

So please edit the post accordingly or let me know if you'd like to have it closed so you can recruit for work.

Thanks!

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Sure, no problem-I'll delete that bit, it's no fuss :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement