Intuition - flipcode.com

Started by
7 comments, last by oliii 11 years, 7 months ago
For whatever reason I don't know, I visited flipcode.com. I knew at one time flipcode.com is a tombstone of once popular website (I have a question answered in once of the section).

Well, it has return, starting around September.

But bigger question is, did you ever follow your hunch? And you was right? And when you didn't follow your hunch, you regret the result of ignoring it?

Interesting...
Advertisement
You can't always "go with your gut", but it often helps.

And when you didn't follow your hunch, you regret the result of ignoring it?

About as often as I regretted following up on it.

What's this got to do with flipcode? huh.png

Everything is better with Metal.

omg it's flipcode

Maybe it wasn't merely a hunch. Maybe the power of Mitra compelled you to visit the tombstone of flipcode, that you would then post about your discovery of its resurrection, which I would read on my hourly F5 of the gamedev New Content page, causing me to visit flipcode forthwith and fondly reminisce.

[quote name='FableFox' timestamp='1348502572' post='4983257']
And when you didn't follow your hunch, you regret the result of ignoring it?

About as often as I regretted following up on it.

What's this got to do with flipcode? huh.png
[/quote]

Interesting. My statistic was more on 75% shoulda follow my hunch. Maybe my 6th sense was stronger?

Well, I visited flipcode long time ago, and last time I visit flipcode, was, 2005? But suddenly I felt compelled to visit it. And my hunch was right. I don't know if it somehow related to GarageGames open sourcing their engine, since GG is also, quite oldskool.
My hunches are usually controversial.

Interesting. My statistic was more on 75% shoulda follow my hunch. Maybe my 6th sense was stronger?

6th what?

What's a hunch anyway. It goes like this, the less assumptions you make, the better your 'gut feeling'. Which is in a way, is counter to it as it will require prior working knowledge and not what first comes to mind (which is influenced by your own personal experience anyway). So it's not really a hunch in the strictest sense. 50%, I'm being facetious, I don't generally go with straight up gut feeling.

If I did, I wouldn't be standing in my flat waiting for the gas engineer to replace my meter, because I have a feeling (and prior experience) he will not show up this morning. I may be wrong, but following up on my intuition can lead to more inconvenience.

[quote name='FableFox' timestamp='1348590799' post='4983633']

6th what?

What's a hunch anyway. It goes like this, the less assumptions you make, the better your 'gut feeling'. Which is in a way, is counter to it as it will require prior working knowledge and not what first comes to mind (which is influenced by your own personal experience anyway). So it's not really a hunch in the strictest sense. 50%, I'm being facetious, I don't generally go with straight up gut feeling.

If I did, I wouldn't be standing in my flat waiting for the gas engineer to replace my meter, because I have a feeling (and prior experience) he will not show up this morning. I may be wrong, but following up on my intuition can lead to more inconvenience.
[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrasensory_perception

quote: "ESP is also sometimes casually referred to as a sixth sense, gut instinct or hunch, which are historical English idioms."

I wasn't talking about something with statistic, but something more of "out of the blue". Because of there is no fact or stat that I have to resort to hunch or gut feeling.

I wasn't talking about something with statistic, but something more of "out of the blue". Because of there is no fact or stat that I have to resort to hunch or gut feeling.

Consciously. And I don't buy into woo-woo stuff.

BTW, I should have followed my hunch, the guy didn't show up. Nice 1/2 day wasted angry.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement