Graphical programming libraries with low graphical requirements

Started by
13 comments, last by UziMonkey 11 years, 6 months ago
Im really not sure, i checked the stats again with cpuz and i have gma3100x, from what i found on google it is about 4mb unfortunatley, and The bios is locked to the computers by a password. Supports directx 9.0c though which is good.
Advertisement
You're being kind of elusive here -- what kind of environment are you in where the BIOS is locked and you have to create a program for this specific kind of computer -- its sounding more and more like you're a (high-school?) student.

The first thing I'd do is talk to your network admin and tell him about this 4MB mess. Presuming they're running Windows Vista or better, I'm sure Window's would love a little more VRAM to work with, and those computers would feel twice as snappy with even a modest amount of shared video memory of 32 or 64 MB. Its either an oversight, or a misguided attempt to prevent games from running on the machines that is throwing basic desktop performance out the door baby-with-the-bathwater-style.

The GMA3100x is hardly a performance king, but it at least supports a relatively modern feature-set. It's even got programmable shader support (pixel shaders in hardware, vertex shaders in the driver software).

Anyhow, what's your situation with these machines? what kind of access/control do you have? do you have any influence with the admin? If not, why are you writing a program for these specific machines?

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

I have no influence over the network admin and the reason i am doing ut us because me and my friends want to play games on the but it can't run anything other than flash, old windows games and dosbox
DirectX 9.0c and OpenGL 1.5. As long as you stay within these limits it really should run on everything that is still operating nowadays.

Stellar Monarch (4X, turn based, released): GDN forum topic - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

2 megs of video memory won't even hold a 1024x768 framebuffer. I seriously doubt it only has 2 megs with a CPU that fast. My first pc had 2 megs of VRAM... in 1997 or so.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement