Where can i find music like The Sims or CityVille?

Started by
2 comments, last by breitt 11 years, 6 months ago
Guys, im developing a game and i was wondering, what kind of musical gender is the sound track of The Sims and CityVille games?

City Ville: [media]
[/media]

The Sims 3: [media]
[/media]

Where can i found sounds like these?

And, does anyone knows where i can buy good sound packs for game developing?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Hello,

There's no certain genre name for this kind of music as far as I know - and it's easier to describe the tracks using keywords or moods like playful, quirky, suave and friendly since genre names can be quite misleading.

The themes you posted are very solid references, I'd say that if you sent this to a capable composer, he/she'll be able to come up with tracks that resemble this sound and mood.

Cheers,
Moritz

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

Guys, im developing a game and i was wondering, what kind of musical gender is the sound track of The Sims and CityVille games?

Where can i found sounds like these?

And, does anyone knows where i can buy good sound packs for game developing?

Moritz is right, search canned music libraries for keywords like that and you should find what you need. If nothing suits your fancy, then let me also highly suggest you hire a composer to make some music custom for you. There's plenty of guys on here that would love to work with you and many offer flexible rates.

Best of luck,

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Thanks for the help guys, ive managed to find some cool stuff using the keywords Moritz suggested.

Thanks again!

Cheers from Brazil

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement