Sign in to follow this  
stitchs_login

Stuck in a programmers rut.

Hello community,

I've been working on a Tic-Tac-Toe game for a few months now, and was making good progress. This was until I went to two festivals over three weeks. Now I'm back and ready to restart, I find myself in a "Where do I re-begin?" train of thought. I've re-read all my notes and understand the point I'm at, but I seem to have lost a lot of my focus.

What I am asking is, does anyone have any small programming challenges/links to sites that have C++ mini-project assignments, as a way of looking to refocus my attention and give me back that drive.

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond,

Regards,

Stitchs

Like Mikea15 says a comment is a good idea,
I don't know which IDE you using but these days most have support for a todo comment.

something like
// TODO: Proceed with this class

This would come up in your task list in your IDE. Meaning you would not have to go look for it after you been closing your files.

You could also try [url="http://codekata.pragprog.com/"]Code Kata[/url]. [img]http://public.gamedev.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll look into those challenge sites mentioned.

I have found something to work on: a tutorial that implements the states of a Game using a Stack. I am also combining this with the little information (bar the manual) about the implementation of GUI menus, so that I can create a 'tight' Menu selection system for my game. I.e. Main Menu, Options and Pause will be represented by a drop down Menu list and the Game function will handle all of the Logic, and Rendering (which I might separate into their own methods).

I'm going for a really tight, easy to manage list of functions that represent the states of the Game, and I'm hoping this is a good step. Thoughts?

Regards,

Stitchs.

P.S. I have left in comments, and made substantial notes, I'm just finding it a bit difficult to make that push (it's all about the self-motivation, and that's why I love this site!). Thanks for the tips though, I'll look into that Compiler/TODO functionality. Edited by stitchs