CScriptBuilder bug

Started by
4 comments, last by WitchLord 11 years, 6 months ago
Hi smile.png

if defined AS_PROCESS_METADATA - CScriptBuilder crash on this script code:

std::string script = "class ";
Advertisement
Thanks. I'll look into this

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I couldn't reproduce the crash. But I made some code changes in revision 1427 that I think may have caused the crash for you.

Let me know if the problem still persists.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I use revision 1427

you can see imgae

pos == 6

http://gyazo.com/da7...e4987b7166d540b

std::string scirt_text = "class ";
builder.AddSectionFromMemory( scirt_text.c_str() , "test" );
builder.BuildModule();
What compiler are you using?

I can only imagine the crash is due to the modifiedScript[pos] accessing one byte beyond the size of the string. Still, the code is only reading from this position, so it shouldn't crash.

I've made another change in revision 1428, so now the modifiedScript[pos] won't be called when the position is already beyond the size of the script.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement