Sign in to follow this  
sarim

Particle System with SFML 2.0

sarim    440
I've been trying to find a tutorial on how to create a simple particle system with SFML 2.0 for a while now but with no luck. Could some one please point me to the right website/tutorial/etc where I can learn from? Or better yet, just teach me through a reply on how I would go about doing this? I tried to make a sample program by trying to incorporate bits and pieces of tutorials from around the web but that only resulted in me making my computer freeze and crash :( Any help would be much appreciated

Octav    159
You could have a small starting point for the particles, and have those coordinates in memory, after that you could generate a new sprite every 0.5 seconds or 1 second which rotates right or left randomly and maybe re-sizes itself on a random basis. Particles have random behavior so you will need to experiment with them, but if I'd want to do particles I'd create a class for them, write a couple of methods, apply some physical properties for them and implement them to a map editor. Another option is to use "Fake" particles which are sprites animated by hand for example a fire, a rocket blast, etc.