[SFML] I Finished Pong! I Can't Believe It!

Started by
32 comments, last by stitchs_login 11 years, 6 months ago
Congratulations leveling up!
Advertisement
Congratulations!!, you've made the first step towards a new fascinating world.
Good luck on your trip smile.png
Great Job man, I am always glad to hear when people succeed.
Awesome man, always fun to create your first game.
Btw if you share a vs project then you can delete the following files:

• debug
  • ipch
  • a big file with the extentsion .sdf

Good luck on your next project!
Gratz!

To change to release just click on:
Build -> Configuration Manager -> Click on 'Debug' change it to 'Release'. -> Rebuild your code which will create a new folder names Release.

If you want people to test your game when you have an .exe and image/sounds folders like you have now you can do this:
- Create a new folder on your desktop or anywhere you like: example "Pong_Game"
- Copy the .exe from the Release folder into your new folder: example "Pong_Game/Pong.exe"
- Copy your images/sounds/SFML/videos into your new folder: example "Pong_Game/Images/..."

Click on the .exe and you should be able to play your game. smile.png If not, a folder has wrong placed wrong in the folder "Pong_Game".
So you don't need all the headers, cpp's, sdf, debug/release folder, ipch files. Those files aren't needed anyway to be able to play your game. wink.png

~EngineProgrammer
My problem is that I use the SFML library, and when I try to automatically link the .libs it gives me an error saying it can't find them. So it won'trelease my game.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja !

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here !

Congrats! this was also my first ever game i programmed mostly to get the grasp of c++ relating to game programming.
I just spent some time trying to get text working, but I have a problem:
I have a variable in my ball class that keeps the amountofhits, whenever I hit the paddle this increments. But, I don't know how to set my text equal to this variable:
MyString.SetText(variable);
doesn't work. Any Ideas?
(At the moment I am just displaying the number in the console.)

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

I just spent some time trying to get text working, but I have a problem:
I have a variable in my ball class that keeps the amountofhits, whenever I hit the paddle this increments. But, I don't know how to set my text equal to this variable:
MyString.SetText(variable);
doesn't work. Any Ideas?
(At the moment I am just displaying the number in the console.)

Is SetText a function u created or is it built into whatever game library ur using, if its one u created make sure ur returning the data properly in the function and that your function has the right datatype of string like this

class MyClass{
public:
string SetText();
};

im just assuming ur using a class this goes the same with plain old c++ functions though without a class declaration
It's an SFML Function of sf::String.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement