Easy way to add brightness and contrast to a game?

Started by
6 comments, last by Revs 11 years, 6 months ago
Hello all!

I am wondering… is there an easy and effective way to add some brightness and contrast to a video game? It's a game for mac (not by me) and I find it too dark.

I find it also annoying to always increase the brightness when I play, plus when I do some screenshots I'd have to rework them in Photoshop first to make them look nice.

All help is appreciated :)

Greetings
Advertisement
Which game (if you dont mine me asking)?

In windows with an nvidia card you can setup per application video settings, I am not sure if mac drivers also have that feature.
You are better off changing each systems monitor settings, or adding pixel shaders into the games pipeline to do this.
I can't fathom how you could adjust such settings in the game unless they are made available or you have the source code.

Though I might suggest, most monitors have several pre-set settings as well as a "custom" setting. You could use the pre-set settings normally and the custom setting for the game.

Read my webcomic: http://maytiacomic.com/
Follow my progress at: https://eightballgaming.com/

The game is Driver: San Francisco!

Yeah I could probably find a way to set up individual settings for a monitor, just that is not going to chance the actual image, but it will just change the screen. So when I'd do a screenshot for example, it would go back to looking bad.

I thought it was possible to modify settings like that (I thought it's something rather simple) and I saw all these ENB series mods. I talked to the guy who makes them and he explained me how I can vary the brightness and contrast. So one of my plans was to get one of these ENB series mods, to reset it completely (so that it looks exactly like it does now) and THEN adding just brightness and a little bit of contrast.

Well, like I said, that was one of my plans. But the guy who makes them doesn't even know about Mac and says they're probably not supported (the mods). I tried installing some of then and in fact it didn't work, maybe I did something wrong however (But I doubt so).
Nobody? :(
You might have a better response on a forum dealing specifically with that game, sorry :(

You might have a better response on a forum dealing specifically with that game, sorry sad.png

Haha there is none I'm afraid :( I was hoping there would be some kind of easy script that would work with every game. Then not I guess! :( Still thank you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement