Dx11 + XNA in 2D

Started by
3 comments, last by MJP 11 years, 6 months ago
I want to draw in 2D,not in 3D so I thought there might be some problems.
I got the code model from a 3D simple example.And I'm interested in what I should change in that code to make it work in 2D.

Untill now I changed just how the projection matrix gets created,it uses an orthographic method,take a look:

[source lang="cpp"]XMMATRIX P = XMMatrixOrthographicLH(D3DApp::mClientHeight,D3DApp::mClientWidth,1,1000);[/source]

I also understand that I should disable the Depth buffer(since I'm in 2D there is no point to enable it).

But,should I change anything else to make drawing in 2D possible?
Advertisement
In 2d graphics, you generally use sprites. I dont use XNA, but if you google something like "XNA sprites" you should find what you are looking for.
Actually I'm using C++,I can't find a sample/tutorial with it,only c#!
ya microsoft naming style isn't the smartest in this case. You are talking about a library called XNAMath ( a C++ optimized math library) which has no relationship at all with XNA (C# Framework to create games). So make sure to use XNAMath or XNA Math when you google for informations.

Stefano Casillo
TWITTER: [twitter]KunosStefano[/twitter]
AssettoCorsa - netKar PRO - Kunos Simulazioni

"XNAMath" is actually called "DirectXMath" in the latest version, just to add to the confusion. smile.png

Are you just working with sprites? If so, I would consider using DirectXTK. It has a sprite renderer + font rendering + basic texture loader, which is all you need for a simple 2D games. I don't know if there are any tutorials, but you should be able to figure out a lot of it on your own. There's some basic instructions here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement