Mechlab Theme

Started by
16 comments, last by Bakuda 11 years, 5 months ago
Here's a track called Mechlab that I wrote for MechWarrior: Tactical Command which is now out on the app store:

[media]
[/media]

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Thanks,

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement
You're one resourceful guy, Nate. Your musical diversity is awesome.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Moritz

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

Thanks Moritz! I really appreciate your kind words and the listen!

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I love how many sounds/instruments you use and how you used them, it makes it sound very polished.
I was wondering would you be able to give a short break down on how you made a piece such as this?

You're one resourceful guy, Nate. Your musical diversity is awesome.

I also completely agree to the above statement.

Thanks,
Caleb Faith
Thanks Caleb! Interesting idea... perhaps I could pull something together if there was enough interest.

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This is a very nice piece :) I also would like a short breakdown on how you made this piece
This is an awesome piece! Listening to it, I smack myself that I'm not able to come up with such simple yet efficient melodies and background parts... the soft synth in the background is awesome and the drum rhythm (as well as many other parts that didn't stick out to me as much) completed the piece. There is a reason I trust you so much to guide me the right way! :)

I would also like to request a short breakdown of how you go about writing a piece like this (one instrument at a time? Chord progression? rhythm section?) and producing it.

Also, I would be interested to know what real instruments you used vs. virtual. The bass sounds like a very nicely produced (albeit compressed) real instrument, perhaps a Fender or Ernie Ball?

Anything you can give us is awesome.

perhaps I could pull something together if there was enough interest.

I'm only a hobbyist composer with no intentions of going beyond that, but I'd be very interested in reading a walk-through of your process with a particular piece if you're willing and able to share.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Well it's settled then! I'll create a step by step video of how I put this song together as soon as I fix a problem I'm having with one of the virtual instrument plug-ins since updating my OS. It might be a week or so hopefully depending on how fast tech support gets back to me.

Thanks for all of the interest and support guys!

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Slight update: the company that develops and distributes that one virtual instrument plug-in said that they're not supporting OSX 10.7.4 and have no plans to do so in the future. So I can still the video break down but there might be a few blank tracks since I didn't print stems for this particular track.

I'll go through and see what I can do.

Thanks!

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement