***READ THIS FIRST YO!*** Forum rules

Started by
8 comments, last by Tom Sloper 8 years, 6 months ago

Hey guys,

Please remember that the Music and Sound forum is for discussion, sharing one's work and getting feedback to help you improve. The Music and Sound forum isn't the place for you to try and get clients. It's also not the right spot to try and get your music placed. That's what the https://www.gamedev.net/contractors/ and https://www.gamedev.net/forums/forum/29-hobby-project-classifieds/ spots are for. So post basically anything audio related as long as it's not you saying akin to "HEY HIRE ME!!!"

Any posts that are clearly attempts at getting work will be edited then closed with a nice note from me telling you to post this in the classifieds section. There will be no warning as this IS your warning.  :) There used to be a forum FAQ that detailed some of this but with the various site migrations and changes, that seems to have vanished. Hopefully that helps clear up any confusion.

Finally please do not share anyone's personal information on this forum. If a composer gives you his or her rate, it's not appropriate to then share that info with the entire GD.net community. That information was given to you in private (and in some cases under NDA). Feel free to speak in general terms but specific details should be left out!

Thanks!

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement
This sticky doesn't seem to help much unfortunately. Maybe rename it 'Music and Sound Forum: RULES' or something so it grabs more attention? Just a thought, might save you some work in the future. ;)
Hello,

I agree - rephrasing the topic to something like "Read first!" could help...

Cheers,
Moritz

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

Done and done.

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Far be it from the newbie to suggest this, but as the Music and Sound forum is almost half locked classified ads, perhaps something stricter would help? Or perhaps just deleting the post and sending the user a private message to save space?

Far be it from the newbie to suggest this, but as the Music and Sound forum is almost half locked classified ads, perhaps something stricter would help? Or perhaps just deleting the post and sending the user a private message to save space?

Your opinions and feedback are always welcomed! I'm choosing to keep them on the board because:

- some potential posters can read these closed posts and see that it's not the right spot. I do have some PM chats with posters when they have specific questions but leave the closed post public so others can (hopefully) see how the forum is moderated.
- there's still not enough traffic to really warrant keeping the board even more clean. Once traffic increases, I'll adapt my approach. But as such, I think we have plenty of space right now.

Thanks for your input!

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Also worth adding: the people on this board are audio engineers, sound designers, musicians, and voice actors. Don't post advertisements trying to sell or give away sounds, music, or voice services here (because you're just talking to others like yourself). Use Your Announcements to advertise your stuff (and use Classifieds to advertise your services).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

how do I delete my topic if I accidentally reposted my "HIRE ME" topic?

A mod will do that, if necessary.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement